Copyright © 2017, 220th Airlift Wing website
The 220th Airlift Wing is mandated to provide tactical airlift operations in support of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. It is the primary unit of the PAF and the AFP that caters to the transport needs of the armed forces. From its inception it has evolved to become more relevant to the changing needs not only of the AFP but of the populace. It conducts tactical and humanitarian missions and support the AFP and other agencies in promoting socio-economic and environmental activities as may be directed.
To conduct tactical airlift operations in support of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
1. Provides tactical airlift and air transport to all AFP units;
2. Provides airlift for paradrop/airdrop of personnel, equipment and supplies;
3. Conducts long range maritime patrol, air reconnaissance and aerial searches;
4. Provides aero-medical evacuation to sick and wounded AFP personnel and dependents;
5. Provides air transport to civil government agencies;
6. Supports the country's socio-economic development;
7. Conducts training to aircrew and support personnel;
8. Provides organizational and limited field maintenance to organic aircraft; and
9. Performs other functions as may be directed by higher headquarters.